Well, yea… about that sprint planning meeting I was going to post. Hmmm…. what happened there? Well, instead of posting I just went straight to work. What the hey, right? I’m trying to be flexible to myself and a blog post didn’t seem as important as actually planning the sprint and committing to tasks. How did it go? Not bad, all things considered. I had an exceptionally busy week and I got a few things done, but that belongs in a retrospective post. This is a planning post.
I’m looking at a relatively busy week in front of me (That would be Thursday – Wednesday). I believe that I can complete 20 Poms of work this week. Sitting in front of me are 3 story cards, complete with estimated effort. These add up to 6 poms between them. Behind my monitor I have a stack of story cards with no estimates on them. This is the part where I cheat my system a bit and pick out a few story cards and quickly (perhaps inaccurately) estimate the effort required to complete them.
And… that was a bit more than I bargained for. 15 minutes of writing new stories, estimating, and re-estimating. I came up with 18 units worth of stories to complete by sometime next Wednesday. Here they are:
|ProjectView (WPF User Control)||3|
|ProjectViewModel (MVVM ViewModel)||5|
|Create Repository for each Domain Model class||3|
|Add Notes and Description to each domain model class||2|
|Add GUID to each Domain Model class||1|
There are my 18 units of work that I have cut out for myself over the next week. At the end of the next sprint I should be very close to an initial release version—I think. I always have difficulties with UIs. We shall see how it goes. At any rate, on Friday I will make my first Story Time post, and expect a review of this Sprint on Wednesday of next week. Poms over, gotta go!